Under the Public Health (COVID-19 Temporary Movement and Gathering Restrictions) Amendment (No 6) Order 2021 staff who live in:
- City of Fairfield (Fairfield LGA) are not permitted to work outside of the Fairfield LGA from the 16 July 2021 unless they have been tested for COVID within the past 72 hours.
- Greater Sydney region and work more than 50 kms outside the Greater Sydney region are not permitted from the 19 July 2021 to work unless they have had a COVID test within the preceding 7 days.
Staff must always carry evidence (an SMS text message or email from the testing organisation) that this test has been taken. Employers will need to check testing before staff are permitted to work.
Until further notice the Chief Health Officer advises:
- Facilities located in Greater Sydney (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour) must:
- exclude all visitors, except those providing essential caring functions and end of life visits
- ensure that all staff and essential care visitors wear a surgical mask. For reasons when masks can be removed please see Additional advice. All essential visits must be in the residents room
- ensure that residents are provided with appropriate PPE and infection control advice if they need to leave the facility for essential purposes
- In addition facilities located in the City of Fairfield (Fairfield LGA) should consider regular COVID-19 testing every 3 days of staff who live and work in facilities in Fairfield LGA.
- For all other facilities located in NSW:
- all staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask – for reasons when masks can be removed please see Additional advice
- only two visitors should be allowed each day
- visits should be in the resident’s room or another suitable location in the facility
- no visitors or non-essential staff are permitted from Greater Sydney (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour).
Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and Northern Territory are considered affected areas and there are new close and casual contact places of high concern. To view locations please see Latest COVID-19 case locations and alerts in NSW.
This information can change rapidly so please check the web at least daily for updates.