- Supportive team environment in an industry leading facility
- A variety of wellbeing initiatives
- Ongoing education at our Learning & Development Centre.
- Annual salary increases every year, in line with our Enterprise Agreement.
- Immediate start.
We are a well-established and respected aged care facility on the Central Coast. We are part of a consolidated PACE group of not-for-profit retirement villages. We are proactive with a modern Model of Care, that is committed to delivering Consumer Directed Care and creating an environment where residents feel safe, respected, and receive the highest level of care possible.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic, reliable, and dedicated Leisure and Lifestyle Advocates with a passion for aged care and the desire to make a real difference in our residents’ lives. Reporting to the Leisure and Lifestyle Manager, you will build strong, positive relationships with our residents and their families, along with promoting a compassionate physical and psycho-social environment.
You will uphold the dignity and respect of our Residents in accordance with the ICCARE Values Statement and The Aged Care Quality Standards. You will enable the residents to be the decision makers in their daily lives. You will support the Leisure and Lifestyle Team and Care Partners in their role to assist the residents to achieve their daily goals. There are casual and permanent part time opportunities available.
- Certificate III in Individual Support plus a Certificate IV in Leisure and Health or equivalent highly regarded.
- First Aid Certificate.
- You will be able to demonstrate a commitment to engage and align with Peninsula Village ICCARE Values and the Consumer Directed Care model.
- You possess exceptional communication, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- You genuinely enjoy supporting elderly people and want to make a difference to their lives.
- You can demonstrate sound administrative and computer skills.
- You possess an understanding of WHS and infection control principles.
- You can work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience creating meaningful and purposeful engagement programs for residents living with dementia would be highly regarded.
This is a physical role and physical capabilities are required to meet the job demands.
Why join Peninsula Village?
- We employ over 300 staff members and support over 450 residents across three aged care residential facilities and four Independent Living Villages.
- As an industry leading provider, we are proudly recognised as an Employer of Choice.
- We actively support the development of our staff through training opportunities, Clinical Nurse Educators onsite.
We will be interviewing as we receive suitable applications. If you are passionate about this opportunity and want to contribute to making a difference in older Australians’ lives – APPLY NOW
To be considered, applicants must apply via the Peninsula Villages Website.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Applicants invited to attend interview must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Offers of employment will be subject to police certificate requirements in accordance with Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers and a functional assessment.
Please note to apply for this position you must have permanent work rights.
Peninsula Villages is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Category||Leisure & Lifestyle|