Peninsula Villages is a well-established and respected aged care facility on the Central Coast. We are part of a consolidated PACE group of not-for-profit aged care and retirement villages. We are proactive with a modern Model of Care, that is committed to delivering Consumer Directed Care and creating an environment where residents feel safe, respected, and receive the highest level of care possible.
About the role:
We are seeking enthusiastic and reliable individuals to join our Catering team. We have casual and permanent part-time opportunities available with a variety of shifts. Weekend and public holiday work may be required.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Kitchen hand duties, basic meal preparation.
- Providing exceptional dining room service to residents.
- Washing up using commercial equipment.
- Cleaning to high standards following set routines and procedures.
- Following food safety standards and procedures for infection control.
- Commitment to engage and align with Peninsula Villages ICCARE Values.
- You genuinely enjoy elderly people and want to make a difference to their lives.
- Previous experience in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing needs.
- Food safety/infection control knowledge are an advantage.
Why join Peninsula Villages?
- We employ over 300 staff members and support over 450 residents across three aged care residential facilities and four Independent Living Villages.
- As an industry leading provider, we are proudly recognised as an Employer of Choice.
- We actively support the development of our staff through training opportunities, Clinical Nurse Educators onsite.
- A variety of wellbeing initiatives such as free staff massages and discounted private health insurance with Medibank.
- Annual salary increases every year, in line with our Enterprise Agreement.
This is a physical role and physical capabilities are required to meet the job demands.
Peninsula Villages is an equal opportunity employer.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Applicants invited to attend an interview must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It is mandatory in aged care to have received the COVID-19 booster by the 12/04/22 in order to work in aged care.
Offers of employment will be subject to police certificate requirements in accordance with Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers and a functional assessment.
Please note to apply for this position you must have permanent work rights.